On 30 April 2019, I gave a talk at RailsConf titled The 30-Month Migration. It was a lot of material to fit into 40 minutes, but it was really helpful to have to distill the material into talk form. There was sufficient interest in the material that it seemed worthwhile to go into more detail; hence, this five-part blog post series.
- Introduction: Background and Rationale
- Stage 1: From Neo4j to Postgres
- Stage 2: Change Primary Keys to Integers
- Stage 3: Private, Per-Customer Contacts
- Stage 4: From Join Table to
- Lessons and Recommendations